The information provided below corresponds to the official product information from Patient Information Leaflet provided by the manufacturer.
The text does not contain any of medical advices, mode of administration and prescription plans.
Before beginning any treatment, we kindly advise you to consult your healthcare provider.
Zhewitra 20mg Vardenafil is one of the leading medication used to treat potency problems and erectile dysfunction. Generic Vardenafil helps men achieve an erection. In order to see effectiveness of the medicine men should experience sexual excitement.
The medicine should be taken once a day. The primary recommended dose is 10 mg. Vardenafil should not be used along with nitrates and nitric oxide donators. Patients suffering from cardiovascular diseases must not use the medication due to possible severe complications. Of course every case is unique and there are cases when a doctor may prescribe you Vardenafil based on your condition.
- Zhewitra 20mg Vardenafil enhances blood flow to the penis. This helps men get an erection and keep it for quiet a long time in order to have a successful sexual act. After completing the sexual intercourse penis decreases and erection disappears.
- Even for a person with diabetes, high blood pressure or high cholesterol, Vardenafil can be helpful in erectile function improvement.
- During sexual act with the help of Vardenafil, erections are harder and last longer.
The medication assists the increase of blood inflow to the penis during sexual stimulation and thus helps cause and keep an erection sufficient for normal sexual activity. After the sexual contact erection passes as it should. After some time erection can be achieved again. The effects of the preparation continue for 8-12 hours. Vardenafil provides a normal erection and a stable effect independently on age, etiology and degree of erectile dysfunction. Vardenafil belongs to a group of medical preparations called PDE 5 inhibitors. PDE5 is a ferment (enzyme) which works by breaking down cyclic GMP. By inhibiting this enzyme Vardenafil enhances and prolongs the effects of nitrogen oxide on the blood vessels in the penis. Nitrogen oxide play a very important role in the mechanism of erection. It initiates the processes of erection in men by dilating blood vessels of the male genital and increasing blood flow to the penis. In results erection occurs.
As it is proved thousands of men using Vardenafil are very satisfied with the preparations effect. Their sexual life and overall life quality has improved. Clinical trials that Vardenafil is effective as other PDE5 inhibitors like Tadalafil and Sildenafil. Therapeutic effect is observed in more than 88% of patients taking Vardenafil . You should be aware that Vardenafil does not work in cases of insufficient sexual desire. Vardenafil works in natural way and therefore lack of sexual excitement makes Vardenafil inefficient. Vardenafil may also not work in patients with the diseases of the spinal cord.
Vardenafil does not increase sexual excitement in men and should not be used by women or children. It starts to work within 25 minutes after its intake. Effectiveness of the medicine prolonged up to 6 hours. The medicine is highly effective in men suffering from diabetes and normalizes potency disorders in most men. The effects of the preparation are selective meaning that it affects only the substances that affect the ejaculation in the body thus reducing side effects occurrence and their intensity. Vardenafil maybe taken with all types of foods or drinks.
Clinical trials showed that Vardenafil helps men who are not susceptible to other methods of treatment. Among 10 men who used it 9 have had a normal sexual contact. Generally Vardenafil has no side effects.
It should be used only under doctor's supervision.
- Vardenafil should not be taken in known hypersensitivity or allergy to any compounds of the preparation. Also you should avoid taking Vardenafil if you take nitrates and nitrogen oxide donors.
- Zhewitra 20mg Vardenafil is contraindicated in women and men under 18 years of age.
- This medicines should be used with extreme caution in:
- Prolonged QT interval
- Anatomical deformations of the penis
- Priapism or predisposition to priapism (such diseases as sickle cell anemia, multiple myeloma, leukemia)
- Severe liver diseases. In patients with insignificant liver dysfunction the correction of the dose is not required. In patients with moderate liver dysfunction the beginning dose is 5mg daily. In further the dose of Vardenafil may be increased up to 10mg daily.
- Diseases of the kidney in terminal stage. In patients with insignificant, moderate diseases the correction of the dose is not required.
- Arterial hypotension (systolic pressure under 99mm HG)
- History of heart attacks and strokes, unstable stenocardia (angina)
- Hereditary diseases of the retina (pigment retinitis)
- Predisposition to bleedings and aggravation of stomach or duodenal ulcers
- Aortal stenosis
Vardenafil is not intended to use in women and therefore there is not data about safety of the medicine in pregnancy or in breastfeeding women. Do not take Vardenafil if you are women.
Mode of administration
The beginning dose is 10mg. A tablet should be taken 25-60 minutes before the sexual intercourse. The duration of therapeutic effect is 4-5 hours. Maximal recommended frequency of application is once daily. Depending on effectiveness and tolerance the dose of the medication can be increased up to 20mg daily (one tablets) or decreased up to 5 mg daily (1/2 tablet of Vardenafil).
Zhewitra 20mg Vardenafil in the dose of 5mg is recommended for elderly age (patients over 65 years of age). The dose 20mg is indicated in severe cases of erectile dysfunction. Food intake does not change the effectiveness of the preparation. Vardenafil works only in sufficient level of sexual stimulation.
In general vis well tolerated and side effects are not common. In most cases the patients do not experience any side effects.
The most observed Vardenafil side effects(1-10%) are headache, hot flashes, dyspepsia, nausea, rhinitis, nasal congestion, dizziness.
Rare Zhewitra 20mg Vardenafil side effects (0,1-1%) include edema of the face, photosensibilisation, back pain, high blood pressure, liver dysfunction, vision changes, myalgia, chest pain, priapism, anaphylactic reactions, low blood pressure, cardiac ischemia, postural hypotension, increase of muscular tonicity, nasal bleedings, glaucoma. If any of the following Vardenafil side effects occur during the treatment make sure to inform your doctor. You stop taking the medicines immediately.
It is known about taking Vardenafil at the dose 80mg daily and no side effects were recognized. However, at the same time the dose of Vardenafil 40mg 2 times daily may cause severe chest pain, diarrhea and ever life-threatening conditions.
The dose of Vardenafil should not exceed in 5 mg when taking with erythromycin, ketoconazole, itraconazole. At the same time the dose of ketoconazole and itraconazole should not exceed 200mg.
The combination of Livitra and indinavir and ritonavir is contraindicated. These medicines may significantly increase the chance of Vardenafil side effects.
Nitrates, nitrogen oxide donors. A combination of Vardenafil and nitrates is contraindicated because of high risk of low blood pressure.
Zhewitra 20mg Vardenafil should is contraindicated with alpha-blockers. Alpha blockers like doxazosin when used with Vardenafil may cause extremely low blood pressure. The dose of Vardenafil should not exceed 5mg.
This info corresponds to official PIL provided by legal manufacturer and reviewed by: Dr. Rohit Bansali N.