The information provided below corresponds to the official product information from Patient Information Leaflet provided by the manufacturer.
The text does not contain any of medical advices, mode of administration and prescription plans.
Before beginning any treatment, we kindly advise you to consult your healthcare provider.
Drug Manufacture: Novartis Consumer Health SA
Available pharmaceutical forms:
- Oral drops for children 5mg/1ml 20ml
- Syrup 7.5mg/5ml 100 ml or 200 ml
- Tablets 30mg N 10
Sinecod® ATC code: R05DB13
Pharmacotherapeutic group: Central action antitussive remedy
Pharmacological action: The active ingredient of Sinecod is butamirate citrate that belongs to a group of medications called central action antitussive drugs. Sinecod exerts antitussive (antitussive), expectorant, moderate bronchodilatory action with anti-inflammatory effects. Sinecod lowers the resistance of airways and improves blood oxygenation and spirometery indexes.
Indications: Sinecod is indicated in the following conditions:
- Dry cough of a different origin
- Cough associated with pertussis
- Cough suppression during pre and post-operative surgical interventions (bronchoscopy)
Sinecod is contraindicated in:
- known individual intolerance to any of the medication ingredients
- children under 3 years of age(for syrup and tablets)
- breastfeeding mothers(lactation)
Sinecod should not be used during pregnancy, especially during the first trimester. If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant consult your doctor before the treatment with Sinecod.
Sincecod syrup and drops contain sorbitol and saccharin that may increase sugar blood levels. Tell your doctor if you have diabetes.
Sinecid Mode of administration:
Drops for children are indicated
|Children 2 month -1 year
|| 10 drops 4 times per day
|Children 1-3 years
|| 15 drops 4 times per day
|Children 3 years and over
|| 25 drops 4 times per day
Syrup is indicated:
|Children 3-6 years
|| 5ml 3 times per day
|Children 6-12 years
|| 10ml 3 times per day
|Children 12years and over
|| 15ml 3 times per day
|| 15ml 4 times per day
Sinecod® drops and syrup should be used before the meal.
Sinecod side effects: Sinecod is usually well tolerated. The most common side include:
- Central nervous system (CNS): dizziness (1%)
- Digestive system: nausea, diarrhea
- Allergic reactions: skin rash and itching(in rare cases)
Sinecod overdose: Symptoms may include: drowsiness, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, low blood pressure.
Expiration date: 5 years
Recommendations for storage: Sinecod drops or syrup should be stored at the temperature not more than 30°C
- Sinecod is indicated in dry cough of a different etiology
- Sinecod is highly effective remedy. Therapeutic effect occurs in a short period of time
- Sinecid possesses high tolerance and safety.
- It does not contain hormone substances
- It doesn't inhibits respiratory center
- Sinecod doesn't act on digestive processes
- Sinecod can be used even in infants(drops) and elder people
This info corresponds to official PIL provided by legal manufacturer and reviewed by: Dr. Rohit Bansali N.