The information provided below corresponds to the official product information from Patient Information Leaflet provided by the manufacturer.
The text does not contain any of medical advices, mode of administration and prescription plans.
Before beginning any treatment, we kindly advise you to consult your healthcare provider.
Lovegra is erectile dysfunction medication that contains Sildenafil citrate. Sildenafil is the active ingredient of well known ED remedy Sildenafil citrate made by Pfizer. As lovegra contains the same active ingredient as brand Sildenafil citrate has, it possesses the same therapeutic effect, activity, indications and side effects.
Sildenafil is selective inhibitor of cyclic GMP specific PDE5, that is responsible for inactivation of cyclic GMP in the tissue of cavernous body. The medication actively enhances the relaxing effect of nitrogen oxide on the smooth muscle and increase of blood inflow to the penis. In activation of NO-cGMP accompanied by sexual excitement, inhibition of PDE5 allows to achieve satisfactory erection. Lovigra is made by pharmaceutical company Ajanta and is referred to generic Sildenafil citrate. Generic Sildenafil citrate is also made by other pharmaceutical companies like Cipla (Silagra), Ranbaxy (Caverta), Zydus (Penegra), Aurogra (Aurochem), Viprogra, Zenegra, Mygra, Super-Lara, Eriacta and others.
Lovegra is used to treat males suffering from erectile dysfunction. Lovegra is not recommended for use in women. Lovegra is sometimes called female Sildenafil citrate, however, as it contains sildenafil, it's action does not differ from Sildenafil citrate approved only for treatment of males with erectile dysfunction
Lovegra is taken orally swallowing with sufficient amount of water. The recommended dose for the majority of patients is 50mg. In insufficient therapeutic effect Lovegra 100mg can be used. Sildenafil tablets should be taken at least 30 minutes before sexual activity. Patients with liver and kidney diseases should take 25mg of the medication.
Sildenafil citrate tablets are contraindicated for patients with known hypersensitivity reaction to Sildenafil and other components of the medication.
History of cardiovascular diseases such as heart attacks, strokes, coronary heart disease, angina
High or low blood pressure (hypertension or hypotension)
Severe diseases of the liver or kidneys
Anatomical deformation of the penis such as angulation, Peyronie's disease, or cavernosal fibrosis
Concomitant applications with nitrates, alpha blockers and other medications
As the medication is intended only for use in men, it should not b used during pregnancy and breastfeeding
Sildenafil citrate use is characterized by the following side effects:
- Facial flushing
- Stomach disturbances
- Nasal congestion
- Urinary tract infections (UTI)
- Vision problems (blurred vision)
- Skin rash
- Joint pain
- Common cold symptoms
- Back pain
- Infections of the respiratory system
In rare cases Sildenafil citrate use is associated with, anxiety, seizure,, vomiting, loss of hearing, depression, gout, dry mouth, cataracts, muscle pain, urinary incontinence, asthenia, priapism, insomnia. It is not proved the direct dependence between Sildenafil citrate and cardiovascular complications such as heart attacks, strokes, mini-strokes and other heart and blood vessels diseases,
H2 histamine receptor blocker (Cimetidine). Cimetidine can significantly increase the blood levels of sildenafil citrate. This may increase the chance of Lovegra side effects
- Protease inhibitors like Ritonavir, Saquinavir. Protease inhibitors can significantly increase the blood levels of Sildenafil citrate. This may lead to Sildenafil citrate side effects.
- Calcium channel blockers like Amlodipine. Patients taking Amlodipine (Norvasc) with Sildenafil citrate may experience extremely low blood pressure.
- ACE inhibitor like lisinopril when used in combination with Sildenafil citrate may cause a drop of blood pressure.
- Alpha blockers like doxasozin, tamsulosin when used with Sildenafil citrate may cause low blood pressure
- Nitrates. A concomitant application of nitrates and sildenafil citrate is strictly contraindicated. Their simultaneous use may cause a life-threatening low blood pressure and fainting.
- Macrolide antibiotics (erythromycin) may change the metabolism of Lovegra.
- Antifungals like fluconazole, itraconazole, miconazole may change the metabolism of Sildenafil citrate.
- Effectiveness and safety of Sildenafil citrate with Cilis or Vardenafil was not studied. Their simultaneous use should be avoided.
- Make sure to inform your doctor if you are currently taking any herbal supplements called like herbal Sildenafil citrate, and other herbal supplement used for erectile dysfunction.
This info corresponds to official PIL provided by legal manufacturer and reviewed by: Dr. Rohit Bansali N.