The information provided below corresponds to the official product information from Patient Information Leaflet provided by the manufacturer.
The text does not contain any of medical advices, mode of administration and prescription plans.
Before beginning any treatment, we kindly advise you to consult your healthcare provider.
Mobic 15mg. Meloxicam 15mg. Generic Mobic
What is Meloxicam?
Meloxicam is a selective non-hormonal anti-inflammatory drug with a potent pain relief effect. Meloxicam is a selective inhibitor of cyclooxygenase type 2. It does not affect oxygenase type 1 that is necessary to protect stomach mucous lining. Meloxicam 15mg is used to treat pain associated with different arthritis types. Generic Mobic 15mg is manufactured by the company Sunpharma under the name Muvera.
How does Mobic 15mg work?
The active ingredient of generic Mobic - Meloxicam is a selective NSAID that act only on COX2 enzyme. The medication exerts potent anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antipyretic action. By inhibiting COX-2 Melexicam prevents the synthesis of inflammatory mediators called prostaglandins. Meloxicam suppresses prostaglandin synthesis in inflammatory area in a greater degree than in the stomach mucous lining or kidneys. Meloxicam does not affect the proteoglycan synthesis of chondrocytes of articular cartilage, does not affect the development of spontaneous arthritis in rats and mice.
When Meloxicam is prescribed?
Generic Mobic (Meloxicam) is prescribed to treat: Rheumatoid arthritis Rheumatoid spondylitis Pain syndrome in osteoarthritis, arthrosis, degenerative diseases of the joints Rheumatism of soft tissue Acute gout attack Traumas
What is Meloxicam dose?
Generic Mobic comes in the form of tablets 7.5mg and 15mg. The dose of the medication depends on a particular condition treated. Usually the recommender dose does not 7.5mg. In severe cases of the disease the doctor may increase the dose. Maximal dose is 15mg. Meloxicam 15mg tablets should be taken whole washing down with sufficient amount of water. Try to take the medication with food. It will help avoid possible stomach problems.
When generic Mobic is contraindicated?
Generic Mobic 15mg tablets are contraindicated for use in: Allergic reactions to Meloxicam and other derivatives of acetylsalicylic acid, NSAID's Bronchial asthma Heart failure including congestive heart failure Bleedings of unknown origin Polyps of the nasal mucous lining Angioedema Aggravation of stomach and duodenal ulcer Severe liver failure Severe kidney failure Pregnant women Breastfeeding mothers Children and adolescents under 15 years of age You should let your doctor know if you drink alcohol frequently, smoke or have an upcoming surgical procedure.
Which generic Mobic side effects are possible during the treatment?
The medication may cause the following side effects:
- Digestive system: nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, constipation, diarrhea, flatulence, temporary violations of biochemical indicators of liver function (increased transaminases or bilirubin), regurgitation, erosive and ulcerative lesions of the digestive tract, hidden or obvious gastrointestinal bleeding, stomatitis
- Hematopoietic system: a change of formula of blood: anemia, leukopenia and thrombocytopenia
- CNS: dizziness, headache, tinnitus, drowsiness
- Cardiovascular system: increased blood pressure, hot flashes, palpitations, edema;
- Urogenital system: changes in indicators of kidney function (increased creatinine and/or serum urea);
- Allergic reactions: bronchospasm, photosensitivity, pruritus, rash, urticaria.
Which medicines or groups of medicines can interact with Meloxicam tablets?
Generic Mobic can interact with the following drugs or groups of medications:
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors (ACE inhibitors) such as Benazepril, Captopril, Lisinopril, Enalapril and others
- Angiotensin II receptor blockers (ARBs), such as: Candesartan, Eprosartan, Irbesartan, Losartan, Valsaetan and others
- Cardiac glycoside such as digoxin
- Diuretics ("water pills")
- Antifungal drug - Fluconazole (Diflucan)
- Thrombolytics such as Streptokinase
- Medications used to treat gout
- Lithium drugs
- Cholesterol medications such as colestyramine Corticohormons such as Betamethasone, Dexamethasone, Hydrocortisone, Triamcinolone Immunosuppressors (cyclosporine)
- Blood thinners (anticoagulants)
Before taking Meloxicam (Muvera) capsules make sure to let your doctor if you take any prescription or over-the-counter drugs.
How generic Meloxicam 15mg tablets should be stored?
Meloxicam 15mg tablets at dry place at room temperature. Keep capsules out of reach of children.
This info corresponds to official PIL provided by legal manufacturer and reviewed by: Dr. Rohit Bansali N.