The information provided below corresponds to the official product information from Patient Information Leaflet provided by the manufacturer.
The text does not contain any of medical advices, mode of administration and prescription plans.
Before beginning any treatment, we kindly advise you to consult your healthcare provider.
Generic Celebrex. Cobix. Celebrex generic
What is generic Celebrex?
Generic Celebrex (celecoxib) is a non-hormonal anti-inflammatory drug that possesses analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects. It does not affect stomach and intestine mucous lining, blood counts. Celebrex is approved for the treatment of pain and inflammation associated with different types of arthritis such as osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and reactive arthritis. Generic Celebrex containing Celecoxib as an active ingredient is identical to original Celebrex in respect to therapeutic effects and treatment effectiveness. Celecoxib provided is by our company is a high quality product made by Cipla under the name Cobix.
How does generic Celebrex work?
Generic Celebrex is non-hormonal anti-inflammatory drug, non-hormonal pain reliever. Celebrex belongs to a group of medical preparations called specific inhibitor of cyclooxygenase type-2 (COX-2, COX-2).
Celebrex (celecoxib) is a new class of pain relief agent. Its mechanism of action consists in inhibiting of prostaglandin synthesis, primarily due to inhibition of cyclooxygenase type-2 (COX-2, COX-2). At therapeutic concentrations in humans Celebrex (celecoxib) did not inhibit COX-1 (COX-1). COX-2 is induced in response to inflammatory stimuli. This leads to the synthesis and accumulation of inflammatory mediators (prostanoids), particularly prostaglandin E2, which causes inflammation, swelling and pain. Celecoxib acts as an anti-inflammatory drug by blocking the production of inflammatory prostanoids by inhibition of cyclooxygenase type-2.
Studies in vivo and ex vivo show that Celebrex (celecoxib) has a very low affinity for the constitutively expressible enzyme cyclooxygenase type-1.
After oral administration generic Celebrex capsules are well absorbed into the blood circulation and reach its maximum in 2-3 hours. Bioavailability is 99%. Celecoxib binds to plasma proteins by 97%. It is metabolized in the liver and is excreted with faeces. Half-life period is 8-12 hours.
What is generic Celebrex used for?
Celebrex capsules are prescribed for symptomatic treatment of inflammation and pain:
- Osteoarthritis (arthrosis, osteoarthrosis)
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Reactive synovitis
Celecoxib can also be indicated for pain relieve associated with muscle strain, procedure or painful menstrual periods.
Which is Celebrex dose?
Celebrex dosing depends on a particular treated condition. Celebrex capsules 100mg and 200mg are taken orally one or two times daily. Capsules are swallowing whole washing down with a glass of water. The medication can be used with or without food.
When generic Celebrex should not be taken?
Celecoxib capsules are contraindicated for use in:
- Individual intolerance or hypersensitivity reactions to Celebrex active ingredient - Celecoxib or other inactive components of the medication
- Aspirin triad in anamnesis
- Bronchial asthma
- Liver diseases
- Kidney diseases
- Bleeding problems
- Aggravation of peptic and duodenal ulcers
- High blood pressure
- Pregnancy (the mediation is strictly contraindicated for use especially during III pregnancy trimester)
Breastfeeding Inform your doctor if you smoke much or drink alcohol frequently. The medication is not recommended for use by patients under 18 years of age or in elderly patients
Which Celebrex side effects are possible during the treatment?
Generic Celebrex may cause the following side effects:
Common (> 1%):
- Digestive system: stomach pain, diarrhea, dyspepsia, flatulence, nausea.
- CNS and peripheral nervous system: headache, dizziness, and insomnia.
- Respiratory system: pharyngitis, rhinitis, sinusitis, upper respiratory tract infection. Dermatological reactions: itching, rash.
- Other: peripheral edema. Rare (1% -0.1%):
- Hematopoietic system: anemia.
- Cardiovascular system: hypertension, palpitations.
- Digestive system: constipation, flatulence, gastritis, stomatitis, vomiting, abnormal liver function, increased ACT and ALT.
- Metabolism: abnormal results renal function tests
- CNS and peripheral nervous system: blurred vision, hypertension, paresthesia, anxiety, and depression.
- Respiratory system: cough, shortness of breath.
- Dermatological reactions: urticaria.
Other: leg cramps, tinnitus, fatigue, urinary tract infection. Extremely rare Celebrex side effects: (<0.1%):
- Hemopoietic system: leucopenia, thrombocytopenia.
- Digestive system: gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer, dysphagia, intestinal perforation, esophagitis, melena.
- CNS and peripheral nervous system: ataxia.
- For the skin: alopecia, photosensitivity.
- Other: a change in taste
How generic Celebrex can interact with other medicines?
Celecoxib may interact with a wide range of medications. Possible drug interactions include:
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors (ACE inhibitors) such as Benazepril, Captopril, Lisinopril, Enalapril and others
- Angiotensin II receptor blockers (ARBs), such as: Candesartan, Eprosartan, Irbesartan, Losartan, Valsaetan and others
- Cardiac glycoside such as digoxin
- Diuretics ("water pills")
- Antifungal drug - Fluconazole (Diflucan)
- Lithium drugs
- Cholesterol medications such as colestyramine
- Cortical hormones such as Betamethasone, Dexamethasone, Hydrocortisone, Triamcinolone
- Immunosuppressors (cyclosporine)
- Blood thinners (anticoagulants)
- Thrombolytics such as Streptokinase
- Gout treatment
- Depression medications
Before taking Celecoxib (Coxib) capsules make sure to let your doctor if you take any prescription or over-the-counter drugs.
How generic Celebrex capsules should be stored?
Store Celecoxib capsules at dry place at room temperature. Keep capsules out of reach of children.
You can buy generic Celebrex at our online pharmacy. We offer high quality product made by Cipla
How can I buy Celebrex generic online?
You can buy generic Celebrex using your Visa/Visa Electron card and E-check (electronic check)
This info corresponds to official PIL provided by legal manufacturer and reviewed by: Dr. Rohit Bansali N.