Suprax. Generic Suprax (Cefixime). Buy Cefixime online
What is Cefixime?
Cefixime is effective and safe oral antibiotic which belongs to a group of medicines called 3rd generation cephalosporins. Cefixime is characterized by a broad spectrum of antibacterial action, high effectiveness and safety profile. Cefixime is used to treat respiratory and ENT infections, infections of the Urogenital system, infections of the skin and bones, uncomplicated gonorrhea, gram (-) infections in children.
What does generic Suprax mean?
Generic Suprax is a medication which contains Cefixime - the same active ingredient that brand Suprax has. Generic Suprax is made by well known manufacturer Cipla under the commercial names Zeffix or Ciprax (these names will be written on the blisters). Generic medication works the same as brand one, possesses the same therapeutic activity, indications, contraindications, side effects. The difference between generic Suprax and brand is in excipients, shape and color of the tablets.
How does the medication work?
Cefixime is semi-synthetic cephalosporin antibiotic for oral administration which belongs to the III generation cephalosporins. Cefixime exerts bactericidal action against a wide variety of microorganisms.
Action mechanism consists in inhibition of peptidoglycan synthesis - the main structural component of bacterial cell wall. Cefixime is resistant to the action of beta-lactamases.
Cefixime is characterized by a broad spectrum of antibacterial activity, high efficiency and safety for use in children over 6 years of age.
Cefixime is active against many gram-positive and gram-negative microorganisms: Providencia species, Serratia marcescens, Proteus mirabilis, Streptococcus pneumoniae, Streptococcus pyogenes, Streptococcus agalactiae, Haemophilus influenzae, Haemopbilus paramfluenzae, Moraxella catarrhalis (Branhamella), Esherichia coli, P.vulgaris, Proteus mimbilis, N. gonorrhoeae, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Klebsiella oxytoca, Pasteurella multocida, , Salmonella spp, Shigella spp., Citrobacter diversus. The medication is not used for the treatment of Staphylococcus aureus infection.
Cefixime was synthesized in 1987 by Fujisava Pharmacevtical Co. Ltd, Osaka, Japan. At the present time it is successfully used in over 80 countries worldwide.
Which is generic Suprax pharmacokinetic?
After oral administration the bioavailability is 45 - 50%. Maximal blood concentration is achieved after 4 hours. The maximal concentration is achieved faster when the medication is taken with food. More than 65% of the medication binds to albumin. Nearly 50% of the dose is excreted with the urine in unchanged form within 24 hours; nearly 10% of the dose is excreted with bile.
The half-life period is dose-dependent and varies from 3 to 4 hours.
In children with impaired renal function (creatinine clearance 20-40 ml / min) half-life increases up to 6.4 hours, in creatinine clearance 5 - 10 ml/min - up to 11, 5 hours.
What is Cefixime is used for?
Cefixime tablets are indicated for the treatment of infectious diseases caused by sensitive (susceptible to) the medication microorganisms (bacteria):
- Urinary tract infections: pyelonephritis of mild to moderate severity, acute cystitis (caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae, Streptococcus pyogenes, Haemophilus influenzae, Moraxella catarrhalis, enterobacteria)
- Upper respiratory tract infections caused by S. pyogenes.
- Lower respiratory tract infections: acute bronchitis
- Otitis media
- Pharyngitis, tonsillitis (sore throat), sinusitis, paranasal sinus infections
- Acute and chronic bronchitis
- Scarlet fever
- Infections of the bones, skin and subcutaneous tissue
- Uncomplicated gonorrhea (urethral and cervical cancer)
- Dysentery, with resistance to the SST / SQM
How Cefixime should be taken?
Cefixime oral should be taken exactly as prescribed by your health care provider. Do not use generic Suprax without consultation with your physician. Cefixime tablets are taken orally with sufficient amount of water swallowing whole. Do not crash, chew or split the tablets. You should not stop taking the medicine if you start feeling better (you should finish the prescribed course of treatment till the end). The dose for patients with creatinine clearance less than 20ml/min should be reduced.
When Cefixime oral is contraindicated?
The medication is contraindicated in the following conditions:
- Known allergic reactions to cefixime, other cephalosporins and penicillins (beta-lactam antibiotics). Cefixime oral should be indicated with a big caution for penicillin sensitive antibiotics
- Pregnancy. The safety of the medication for pregnant women was not studied carefully. The medication should not be taken in pregnant women
- Breastfeeding. Cefixime can pass through the breast milk. Breastfeesing mothers should not take this medication.
- Pseudomembranous colitis. Cefixime administration may alter the flora of the intestine and provoke the growth of clostridia microorganisms leading to Clostridium difficile-associated disease. C. difficileproduces toxins A and B which can contribute to the development of CDAD. CDAD has been reported after 2 month of the medication use.
Cefixime should be used with caution in patients with:
- Gastrointestinal diseases
- Renal failure
- Hepatic failure
- Children and adolescents
Which are Cefixime side effects?
In appropriate use generic Suprax does not cause any significant side effects. During clinical trials there were reported the following Cefixime side effects:
Digestive system: dry mouth, anorexia, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, bloating, transient increases in liver transaminases and alkaline phosphatase, hyperbilirubinemia, jaundice, gastrointestinal candidiasis, dybacteriosis; in rare cases - stomatitis, glossitis, pseudomembranous enterocolitis. Hemopoietic system: leukopenia, thrombocytopenia, neutropenia, hemolytic anemia. CNS: dizziness, headache. Urinary tract: interstitial nephritis.
Allergic reactions: skin itching, rash, skin hyperemia, eosinophilia, fever
Other: vaginitis, genital pruritus, and candidiasis has been reported.
In case of overdose generic Suprax may cause stomach disturbances, cns disorders, changes in blood cell counts. In cases of Suprax overdose symptomatic treatment is required:
- Inducing vomiting or gastric lavage
- Administration of antacids
- Fluid therapy
In certain cases a health care provide may give antihistamines or corticosteroids
How the medication can interact with other drugs?
The blockers of calcium secretion (allopurinol, diuretics) may decrease the excretion of cefixim by kidneys. This may increase Suprax toxicity.
- Cefixime lowers prothrombin ratio and enhances the action of indirect blood thinners (anticoagulants)
- Antacids reduce the absorption of Cefixime oral into the blood circulation.
- NSAID's, antipsychotics may change the metabolism of the medication
- How Cefixime tablets should be stored?
- Cefixime should be stored at dry and protected from light place at room temperature out of reach of children. Do not store the medicine in a bathroom.
Where can I buy Cefixime?
You can buy Cefixime online at our pharmacy. We offer low prices and high quality of our medicine. You satisfaction is our priority
How can buy generic Suprax online?
You can buy generic Suprax using your Visa card. We provide secured SSL 128 bit processing.
Which is the manufacturer of generic Suprax?
The medication is made by Cipla under commercial names Zeffix or Cipraxwhich contain the same active ingredient as brand Cefixime.