Solcoser. Solcoseryl side effects
What is Solcoseryl?
Solcoseryl is an activator of tissue metabolism, metabolism stimulator which is used in the treatment of different ischemic conditions. Solcoseryl possesses the following effects:
- converts occlusive diseases of the peripheral vessels into the mild forms,
- speeds up the process of regeneration
- improves memory and mental functions
- is well tolerated
- improves the transport of glucose and oxygen to ischemic tissue
- increases the synthesis of intracellular ATP
- stimulates the proliferation of fibroblasts and collagen synthesis in the blood vessels walls
Which pharmaceutical formulations and dosages are available?
Solcoseryl contains standardized and deproteinized free protein extract of young calf blood.
- 1ml of solution for infections contains active ingredient in equivalent to dry substance 42.5mg
- 1ml of solution for infusion (in isotonic solution of sodium chloride)- 8.5mg in flasks 250ml
- 1g of ointment contains 2,07mg in tubes 20g
- 1g of Solcoseryl gel contains 4,15mg in tubes 20g
- 1g of Solcoseryl eye gel contains 8,3 mg in tubes 5mg.
- 1g of dental past 2,123mg and polidocanol 10mg in tubes 5g
How does the medication work?
Solcoseryl is activator of tissue's metabolism, metabolism stimulator, wound healing, antihypoxia, membrane-stabilizing, angioprotective, cytoprotective agent.
It is a chemically and biologically standardized, deproteinized, apyrogenic and non-antigenic hemodialyzate young healthy calves blood. Solcoseryl contains a wide range of natural low molecular substances, eg. glycolipids, nucleosides and nucleotides, amino acids, oligopeptides, irreplaceable trace elements, electrolytes and intermediate products of carbohydrate and fat metabolism.
Solcoseryl activates metabolism in tissues, increases the oxygen consumption of tissues, especially in hypoxic conditions, normalizes metabolic processes, improves glucose transport, stimulates the synthesis of ATP and, thus, accelerates the regeneration of reversibly damaged cells and tissues.
Solcoseryl stimulates angiogenesis, promotes revascularization of ischemic tissues, as well as creating conditions favorable for the synthesis of collagen and the growth of fresh granulation tissue, accelerates the processes regeneration, enhances wounds healing. Solcoseryl also possesses membrane stabilizing and cytoprotective action.
When the medication is prescribed?
Solcoseryl solutions for injection or infusions are prescribed in:
Disorders of the peripheral and venous blood circulation (occlusive diseases of the peripheral arteries Fontaine stage III-IV, chronic venous insufficiency accompanied by trophic disorders)
Disorders of the cerebral metabolism and blood circulation (ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke, brain injury)
When the medication should not be taken?
- Children and adolescents under 18 years of age
- Known reactions of hypersensitivity to any of the medication ingredients
- Hypersensitivity to E216, E218, E210
The medication should be used with caution in: high sodium blood vessels, kidney failure, disorders of the heart rhythm, concomitant use of the sodium and potassium containing drugs and supplements, olyguria, anuria, pulmonary edema, severe heart failure.
Solcoseryl side effects:
Allergic reactions: hives, fever
Local reactions: hyperemia, edema at injection place.
In patients with allergic reactions the medication can cause anaphylactic reactions (in very rare cases)
The listed above side effects may not include all of the side effects caused by this medication. If you develop any side effects caused by Solcoseryl make sure to consult your doctor.
How the medication can interact with other medicines?
Solcoseryl should not be combined in one vial with other injectable solutions (especially with phytoextracts). The medication should not be taken with :
- Ginkgo Biloba extracts
The medication should be used with caution in:
- Potassium containing drugs and supplements
- Potassium-sparing diuretics
- ACE inhibitors
How the medication should be stored?
You should store the medication out of reach of children, in dry and protected from light place at room temperature (not higher than 25C)