Brand name: Skinoren
International nonproprietary name (active ingredient):azelaic acid
Skinoren Drug Manufacturer: INTENDIS, Schering AG
Available pharmaceutical forms:
- Cream 30gr 20%
- Gel for the local application 15% 5, 30, 50g
Skinoren® ATC code: D10AX03
Pharmacotherapeutic group: drug used for acne treatment
Skinoren contains the active ingredient azelaic acid that normalizes the processes of keratinization in follicular walls of the oil glands. Azelaic acid contributes to lowering of free fatty acids in skin lipids and exerts antibacterial activity against Propionibacterium acnes and Staphylococcus epidermidis. Skinoren also inhibits the growth and vitality of abnormal melanocytes.
After the application on the skin Skinoren is practically not absorbed into the blood stream (3.6% in application of 5 g cream).
Indications: Skinoren is used in the treatment of the following conditions:
- Acne disease (acne vulgaris)
- Hyperpigmentation, including melasma, chloasma(for cream)
- Acne rosacea(for gel)
- Known individual intolerance of Azelaic acid
- Avoid contact of Skinoren gel or cream with eyes and mucous lining of the nose, lips and mouth.
- If you experience irritation of the skin while the treatment with Skinoren, seek medical advice and stop taking drug immediately.
Skinoren Mode of administration:
Do not use Skinoren in large amounts. Carefully wash your skin before each application. Apply a small amount of gel or cream 2 times per day (morning and evening) to the affected area and rub it gently into the skin. You should regularly use Skinoren according to the doctor's recommendations. Therapeutic effect usually occurs in 4 weeks. In melasma the course of treatment lasts nearly 3 month. It's necessary to use additional sun-protective remedies while the treatment of melasma.
Skinoren Side effects
in rare cases the medication can cause skin irritation, hyperemia, erythema, sense of burning and itching. These manifestations are not severe and usually pass away in a few days of treatment. In very rare cases skin allergic reactions (rash) are possible, gel
Skinoren Expiration date:
- Skinoren cream -5 years
- Skinoren gel -3 years
Skinoren Recommendations for storage:
- Skinoren cream should be stored at the temperature not more than 30
- Skinoren gel should be stored at the temperature not more than 25°C
Skinoren necessary information (advantages):
- It helps to relieve inflammation
- It opens the clogged pores
- It effectively treats and prevents acne
- It makes skin smoother.