Penegra. Caverta vs Penegra. Buy Penegra online
What is Penegra?
Penegra is erectile dysfunction medication made by well known Indian pharmaceutical company Zydus Alidac. Penegra contains the active ingredient Sildenafil citrate that is the main component in Sildenafil citrate - top selling erectile dysfunction remedy. As Penegra contains the same active ingredient as brand Sildenafil citrate, its action, therapeutic effect, indications, contraindications, side effects are similar. The difference between brand Sildenafil citrate made by Pfizer and Penegra is in the form and shape of tablets, pack. Adjuvant substances and pharmakokinetic characteristics may differ as well. Sildenafil citrate tablets are made by different manufacturers like Vipro lifescience (sildigra, viprogra), Ranbaxy (Caverta), Cipla (Silagra), Aurochem, Sunrise remedies, Torrent and others.
How does Penegra work?
Penegra contains Sildenafil citrate that belongs to erectile dysfunction medicines called PDE5 inhibitors. Penegra enhances blood flow to the penis, restores impaired erectile function and provides a natural response to sexual stimulation. The physiological mechanism of erection is associated with the release of nitric oxide (N0) in the corpus cavernosum during sexual excitement. Nitric oxide activates the enzyme guanylate cyclase resulting in increased level of cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP). This results to relaxation of smooth muscles of the cavernous body and increase blood flow to the penis. Penegra is a powerful and selective inhibitor of cGMP-specific phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE-5). This enzyme is responsible for breaking down of cGMP in the smooth muscles.
When the medication is prescribed?
Penegra is indicated to restore and improve erection in patients suffering from erectile dysfunction. Erectile dysfunction is a sexual problem manifested in inability to achieve erection satisfactory for sexual intercourse.
How Penegra is taken?
Penegra comes in the form of tablets taken orally. The recommended dose is 50mg or 100mg depending on therapeutic effect and medicine's tolerability. In elderly patients with impaired renal or hepatic failure the dose should not exceed 25mg. Penegra should be taken 30-60 minutes before sexual intercourse and its action lasts nearly for hours. The medication works only in presence of sexual desire.
When Penegra should not be used?
Sildenafil citrate is contraindicated for use in the following conditions:
- Reactions of hypersensitivity or individual intolerance of any components in the medication
- Patients under 18 years of age
- Women. As the medication is not used in women, it must not be taken in pregnant and breastfeeding women. There were not conducted any studies confirming effectiveness and safety profile of sildenafil citrate for this category of patients.
- Diseases of the liver (liver cirrhosis, hepatic failure)
- Diseases of the kidney (renal failure)
- Concomitant cardiovascular diseases (congestive heart failure, angina, coronary heart disease, hypertension, hypotension)
- History of heart attacks and strokes for the past 6 months
- Blood diseases such as multiply myeloma, sickle cell anemia, leukemia
- Retinitis pigmentosa
- Anatomical deformation of the penis such as angulation, Peyronie's disease, or cavernosal fibrosis
- Concomitant applications with nitrates, alpha blockers and other medications
Which Penegra side effects are possible during the treatment?
Penegra use may be associated with the following side effects:
- Skin rash
- Vision problems
- Urogenital infections
- Nasal congestion
- Hot flashes
- Dyspepsia (heartburn)
Other Penegra side effects include: infections of upper or lower airways, joint and back pain, symptoms of common cold. Clinical trials didn't show a direct relationship between heart problems and sildenafil use.
In patients who take the medication in very rare cases it was observed a condition which is called nonarteritic anterior ischemic optic neuropathy (NAION). This condition manifests in sudden loss of vision. This condition is probably may occur in the patients with the following risk factors:
- Age over 60 years
- Other cardiovascular diseases
- Alcohol abuse
How Penegra can interact with other medicines?
- Cimetidine which h2 histamine receptor blockers that is indicated for stomach and duodenal ulcer. Cimetidine may significantly increase the blood levels of Sildenafil citrate tablets leading to increased risk of Penegra side effects.
- Protease inhibitors like Ritonavir or Indinavir. This type of medication can significantly increase the blood levels of sildenafil in the organism.
- Norvasc (amodipine) when used with Penegra can cause extremely low blood pressure
- Alpha blockers when used with generic Sildenafil citrate can cause significant drop in blood pressure
- Erythromycin - a macrolide antibiotic which may change the way how your organism metabolizes Sildenafil citrate
- Antimycotics may change the way how your organism metabolizes Sildenafil citrate.
- Nitrates - Sildenafil citrate should never be taken with nitrate or nitrogen oxide donors. Patients may experience extremely low blood pressure.
- When Penegra is taken with alcohol - certain health problems may occur. These are: dizziness, tachycardia, low blood pressure
How Penegra should be stored?
The medication should be stored at dry and protected from light place out of reach of children
Where can I buy Penegra online?
You can purchase Penegra online at our reliable online pharmacy. We offer the lowest price and high quality of our medicine.
How can buy Penegra online?
You can purchase Penegra online using your Visa/Visa Electron card and E-check (for US customers)
Caverta vs Penegra?
Actually there is no significant different between Caverta and Penegra. Both two medications contain the same active ingredient Sildenafil citrate. The form and shape of tablets is similar as well. Caverta is made by Ranbaxy but Penegra is manufactured by Zydus.
What is manufacturer of the medication?
Penegra is made by the Indian pharmaceutical company Zydus Alodoc.