Lansoprazole otc. Lansoprazole over the counter. Generic Lansoprazole online
What it Lansoprazole?
Lansoprazole is a generic name of well-known medication (Prevacid). Lansoprazole is an antiulcer agent that belongs to a group specific inhibitors of proton pump (H + / K + ATPase). Lansoprazole otc is metabolized in the gastric parietal cells into active sulfonamide derivative, which inactivates sulfhydryl groups of H + / K + ATPase. By acting on proton pump Lansoprazole blocks the final stage of hydrochloric acid production, reducing both basal and stimulated secretion, regardless of the nature of the stimulus. Lansoprazole does not affect the motility of the gastrointestinal (GI) tract. As the medication is characterized by high safety profile, it is marketed as over-the-counter product. Lansoprazole is manufactured by well-known company Cipla under the commercial name Lanzol.
Which is Lansoprazole pharmacokinetics?
Lansoprazole is rapidly absorbed into the blood circulation after oral administration and reaches its maximum in - 1.7 hours. Lansoprazole otc binds to plasma proteins by 97%. It is metabolized in the liver. The half-life period is 1.3-1.7 hours. Lansoprazole is excreted by kidneys with urine in the form of two main metabolites.
What is Lansoprazole used for?
- Gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer
- Reflux esophagitis, erosive-ulcerative esophagitis
- Erosive and ulcerative lesions of gastric and duodenal ulcers associated with NSAID intake, stress ulcers
- Erosive and ulcerative lesions of the stomach and duodenum associated with Helicobacter pylori (in the complex therapy)
- Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.
How Lansoprazole is taken?
Lansoprazole comes in the form of capsules 30mg and 15mg. Lansoprazole capsules should be taken whole swallowing whole without chewing, splitting or crushing. If a patient experiences problems with swallowing of lansoprazole capsules then it may be opened in to a small amount of orange or tomato juice. The indicated dose of Lansoprazole varies from 15mg to 30mg daily and depends on current medical condition, concomitant diseases, and patient's age.
When is Lansoprazole otc contraindicated?
Lansoprazole over the counter is contraindicated for use in:
- Increased sensitivity to lansoprazole or other components of the medication
- Breastfeeding (pregnancy category B. This is means that it may be unsafe to use the medication in pregnant women)
- Severe liver diseases (hepatic failure, cirrhosis, hepatitis)
- Severe kidney diseases (renal failure)
Children and adolescents under 18 years of age Lansoprazole otc should be used with caution in elderly age, benign and malignant tumors of the gastrointestinal tract, fructose intolerance, syndrome of glucose or galactose malabsorbtion.
Make sure to inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding. Before taking Lansoprazole it is necessary to undergo all necessary procedures and examinations to exclude the risk of stomach cancer.
Which Lansoprazole side effects are possible during the treatment?
Generic Prevacid (lansoprazole) may cause the following side effects:
- Hematopoietic system: leucopenia, thrombocytopenia (with bleeding manifestations), eosinophilia, pancytopenia, agranulocytosis, and in some cases - anemia.
- Digestive system: frequent: constipation; in rare cases: abdominal pain, diarrhea, nausea, dry mouth, dyspepsia, flatulence, jaundice, hepatitis, ulcerative colitis, candidiasis of the gastrointestinal tract, increased activity of "liver" enzymes, hyperbilirubinemia.
- Central and peripheral nervous system: headache. Uncommon: malaise, dizziness, excitement, fear, confusion, depression, drowsiness, anxiety.
- Sense organs: eye pain, blurred vision, tinnitus.
- Skin and subcutaneous tissue: pruritus, purpura, petechiae, and loss of hair, toxic epidermal necrolysis, Stevens - Johnson and erythema multiforme.
- Musculoskeletal and connective tissues: arthralgia, muscle and bone.
- Urogenital system: interstitial nephritis, renal failure, serum creatinine, urogenital disorders, impotence, breast enlargement or gynecomastia.
- Respiratory system: Cough pharyngitis, rhinitis, upper respiratory tract infection, influenza-like syndrome.
- Allergic reactions: urticaria, angioedema, photosensitivity, skin rash, anaphylactic reactions, exudative erythema multiforme.
- Metabolic disorders and nutritional: anorexia, increased appetite.
- Other: alopecia, weakness.
How Lansoprazole otc may interact with other medicines?
Lansoprazole reduces gastric acidity. This can affect the absorption of certain drugs. For example, decreases the bioavailability of ketoconazole, ampicillin esters, and iron salts. Bioavailability of digoxin is increased by 10%, which is clinically insignificant for most patients.
Lansoprazole slows down the elimination of drugs metabolized in the liver by microsomal oxidation (including diazepam, ibuprofen, indomethacin, clarithromycin, prednisone, propranolol, terfenadine, warfarin, phenytoin).
Lansoprazole reduces clearance of theophylline by 10%. Lansoprazole changes the pH-dependent absorption of drugs belonging to the groups of weak acids and bases. Sucralfate reduces the bioavailability of lansoprazole by 30% Antacids slow down and reduce the absorption of lansoprazole (they should be administered for 1 hour or 1-2 hours after administration of lansoprazole).
How Lansoprazole 15mg and 30mg should be stored?
You should store Lansoprazole capsules out of reach of children at room temperature.
Where can I buy Lansoprazole?
You can buy Lansoprazole online in our online pharmacy. We provide high quality product made by Cipla under the name Lanzol.
How can I buy Lansoprazole generic online?
You can buy Lansoprazole using your VISA or VISA ELECTRON card or E-check (electronic check).