Esomeprazole 40mg. Esomeprazole magnesium. Esomeprazole generic
Nexpro (esomeprazole) is a prescription medication that lowers the secretion of gastric glands. Esomeprazole belongs to a group of stomach medications called proton pump inhibitors (H+-K+-ATPase). Esomeprazole magnesium blocks the secretion of hydrochloric acid, inhibits basal and stimulated gastric secretion. It is used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease, erosive reflux esophagitis, gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer and other diseases associated with overproduction of stomach acid in the stomach. The medication comes in the form tablets 20mg and esomeprazole 40mg. The medication is made by the pharmaceutical company Torrent under the commercial name Nexpro. Esomeprazole is a name of the active ingredient of a well-known medication Nexium made by Astra Zeneca. Nexpro (esomeprazole) is a generic medication.
How does generic Nexium work?
Esomeprazole is S-isomer of omeprazole, decreases the secretion of gastric acid by specific inhibition of the proton pump in parietal cells. S-and R-isomers of omeprazole have similar pharmacodynamic activity. Esomeprazole magnesium is a weak base that inhibits in parietal cells the enzyme - proton pump - H +, K +-ATPase. By inhibiting this enzyme Esopemrazole magnesium prevents the production of hydrochloric acid in the stomach by parietal cells. Esomeprazole inhibits both basal and stimulated acid secretion. Effect of esomeprazole develops within 1 hour after oral administration of 20 mg or 40 mg.
Which is Esomeprazole pharmacokinetics?
Esomeprazole is rapidly absorbed into the gastrointestinal tract after oral administration. C max is achieved in 60-120 minutes. Bioavailability is esomeprazole 40 mg is 64%, increasing up to 90% in case of re-admission. The bioavailability of esomeprazole 20mg is 50%. Esomeprazole binds to plasma proteins by 97%. The medication is metabolized in the liver under the action of CYP 2S19 of cytochrome P450. Esomeprazole is eliminated by kidney with urine. A smaller part of esomeprazole is excreted in the feces.
What is Esomeprazole 20mg or Esomeprazole 40mg used for?
Esomeprazole magnesium is indicated for use in:
- Erosive reflux esophagitis
- Long-term maintaining therapy to prevent relapses in patients with cured esophagitis; Symptomatic treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease.
- Gastric and duodenal ulcer (eradication of Helicobacter pylori in combination with antibiotics) Treatment of gastric or duodenal ulcer associated with Helicobacter pylori
- NSAID gastropathy
- Treatment of gastric ulcers associated with taking NSAID's (aspirin, indomethacin, diclofenac, etc.)
- Prophylaxis of gastric and duodenal ulcers relapses associated with NSAID intake in patients of high risk.
- Other conditions characterized by pathological hypersecretion:
- Zollinger-Ellison syndrome;
- Idiopathic hypersecretion.
What is Esomeprazole dosage?
Esomeprazole comes in the form of oral tablets 40mg and 20mg. The correct esomeprazole dosage depends on the condition treated, concomitant diseases, and patient's age. Of Esomeprazole 40 mg tablets should be taken orally, usually once daily.
When esomeprazole 40mg should not be used?
Do not take esomeprazole magnesium if the following conditions apply to you:
- History of hypersensitivity to esomeprazole magnesium, other components of the medication or other proton pump inhibitors
- Hereditary fructose intolerance, glucose-galactose malabsorption or sucrose-isomaltose failure;
- Children under 16 years of age
- Severe kidney diseases (renal failure)
- Severe liver diseases (cirrhosis, liver failure, hepatitis, necrosis)
- Concomitant application with protease inhibitors (see esomeprazole magnesium drugs interaction)
- Pregnancy (Esomeprazole belongs to pregnancy category B)
Breastfeeding Which Esomeprazole side effects are possible during the treatment?
Generic Nexium (esomeprazole) is well tolerated and side effects usually observed in patients with hypersensitivity. Possible Esomeprazole side effects include:
- Digestive system: stomach pain, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, constipation, bloating (often), dry mouth, increased activity of liver enzymes (rare), stomatitis, gastrointestinal candidiasis, hepatitis (extremely rare).
- CNS: headache (often), dizziness, insomnia, paresthesia, drowsiness (rarely), agitation, depression, confusion, changes in taste, blurred vision (very rare).
- Blood system: leucopenia, thrombocytopenia (very rare).
- Dermatological reactions: dermatitis, pruritus, urticaria (rare), photosensitivity, alopecia (very rare).
- Allergic reactions: fever, angioedema, anaphylactic reactions, bronchospasm (very rare).
- Other: peripheral edema (rare); arthralgia, myalgia, malaise (very rare).
How Esomeprazole 40mg can interact with other medicines?
Make sure to inform your doctor if you take any of the following medicines:
- Antifungal agents such as fluconazole, itraconazole, ketoconazole, posaconazole, voriconazole. Esomeprazole decreases the effectiveness of antimycotic agents
- Blood thinners (clopidogrel, warfarin).
- Esomeprazole 40mg decreases effectiveness of Plavix (clopidogrel)
- Cilostazol (Esomeprazole may increase blood levels of cilostazol)
- Iron supplements or medications
- Digoxin (cardiac glycoside). Esomeprazole may increase blood levels of digoxin
- Some protease inhibitors
- Erlotinib. Generic Nexium (esomeprazole) may decrease the absorption of erlotinib
How the medication should be stored?
Esomeprazole tablets should be stored out of reach of children at dry place and at room temperature.
Where can I buy Esomeprazole online?
You can buy Esomeprazole online in our reliable online pharmacy. We provide high quality medication made by Torrent under the name Nexpro.
How can I buy Esomeprazole online?
You can buy Esomeprazole online using your Visa/Visa Electron card and E-check (electronic check). We provide secured credit card payment