Generic Glucophage. Buy Glucophage online. Purchase Metformin
What is generic Glucophage?
Generic Glucophage is not a brand drug. Generic drug contains the same active ingredient as brand medication - Metformin- however, excipients, manufacturer, form, shape of tablets, commercial name differ. It is believed that generic drug works the same as brand; however pharmacokinetic characteristics (absorbtion, distribution, elimination) may differ as well.
How does generic Glucophage work?
Metformin is an oral antidiabetic preparation that is related to a group of biguanides. The mechanism of treatment is a possibility to inhibit gluconeogenesis. Metformin increases the sensibility of peripheral receptors to insulin and stimulates glucose uptake by muscle cells. It is also able to reduce the level of glucose in blood, both basic level and the one after having a meal. Metformin does not stimulate the release of insulin and therefore does not lead to a hypoglycemia; it also does not cause any hypoglycemic action on a healthy person.
Metformin helps to decrease body weight considerably for people suffering from diabetes or obesity. It also reduces your appetite, enforces anaerobic glycolysis and decreases glucose resorption into G.I. Tract, causes hypolipidemic and fibrinolytic actions.
In general generic Glucophage exert the following actions:
- Increases the sensitivity of peripheral receptors to insulin;
- Increases the utilization of glucose muscles;
- Delays absorption of glucose and other carbohydrates from the gastrointestinal tract;
- Inhibits gluconeogenesis in the liver;
- Increases the sensitivity of tissues to insulin;
- Reduces the inactivation of insulin;
- Reduces blood glucose;
- Causes a significant decrease in body weight in patients with diabetes, obesity;
- Reduces the appetite;
- Has a favorable effect on lipid metabolism: reduces total cholesterol, triglycerides and LDL;
- Has antifibrinolytic properties;
- Does not stimulate insulin secretion and does not exert hypoglycemic action in healthy individuals.
The maximum concentration of Metformin is reached in 2.5 hours after taking the medicine. The maximum concentrations of Metformin in blood plasma have not exceeded 4mkg/ml. During medicine administration in the recommended doses, the constant concentrations of plasma in blood are being attained within 24-48 hours and form, as a rule, less than 1 mkg/ml. Meal taking decreases and slows down Metformin resorbtion.
The absolute oral Metformin bioavailability forms aproximately 50 - 60% for healthy people. Metformin slightly interacts with the proteins in blood.
20 - 30% of the given dose are excreted with urine by kidney in unchanged form by glomerular filtration and tubular secretion. The time of half-excretion is approximately 6.5 hours. In case of kidney dyspraxia, renal clearance decreases proportionally to creatine clearance. In that case the time of half-excretion and plasma concentration in the blood is increased respectively.
When Glucophage generic is prescribed?
- Diabetes (II type) in adults, especially in patients suffering from extra weight, whose sufficient control of glucose in the blood has not been attained with a help of diet and physical exercises only. Metformin is taken alone or in the combination with other oral hypoglycemic medications.
- Diabetes (I type) in combination with insulin therapy
How the medication is taken?
Generic Glucophage is a prescription medication meaning that it can be used only after consultation with your doctor. Do not use Metformin on your own initiative without your doctor's approval. Metfotmin tablets are taken during or after meal. Tablets should be swallowed whole washing down with sufficient amount of water. The dose is indicated only by your doctor. Maximal daily dose is 3g/daily. The medication should be taken at the same time each day to maintain the constant level of Metfotmin and glucose in your blood.
When the medication is contraindicated?
Generic Glucophage is contraindicated for use in the following conditions:
The drug must not be taken in the following conditions:
- Individual intolerance including a history of hypersensitivity to metformin or other compounds of the medication.
- Diabetes with a tendency to lactoacidosis (pulmonary insufficiency, shock, heart failure, myocardial infarction);
- Diabetes with a history of lactoacidosis episodes
- Diabetic ketoacidosis
- Diabetic coma or precoma
- Serious liver problems (hepatitis, cirrhosis, steatosis);
- Renal dysfunction (creatinine level over 12 mg%, or 0,132 mg / dL in men and 0,123 mg / dL in women),
- Acute illness with a high risk of renal dysfunction;
- Dehydration (diarrhea, vomiting);
- Compliance with the hypocaloric diet (less than 1000 kcal / day)
- Serious injuries and surgical interventions
- Severe respiratory disease, fever, severe infections;
- Severe cardiovascular disease (decompensated heart failure, cardiogenic shock or toxic infection, acute phase of myocardial infarction, peripheral arterial vascular accident);
- Adrenal insufficiency;
- Chronic alcoholism and acute alcohol poisoning;
- Pregnancy and lactation.
- Metformin is not recommended for young children under 18 years of age
- Metformin is not recommended during treatment with diuretics or other antihypertensive drugs, acceptance of which may lead to a breach of kidney function.
- Treatment with metformin should be suspended for 48 hours prior to the radiological (radioisotope or radiological) studies using contrast such as excretory urography and intravenous angiography with the introduction of iodinated contrast agents. It may be renewed after 48 hours after the study.
- Restrictions on Use:
Children's age (efficacy and safety of children has not been determined), elderly (over 65) age (due to slow metabolism is necessary to assess benefit / risk).
Which generic Glucophage side effects are possible while the treatment?
Generic Glucophage may cause the following side effects:
- Gastrointestinal tract: anorexia nervosa (anorexia), nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, flatulence, abdominal pain (most often occur early in therapy and are on your own), a metallic taste in the mouth.
- Metabolism: in extremely rare cases - lactic acidosis which requires discontinuation of the drug (weakness, drowsiness, hypotension, reflex bradyarrhythmia, respiratory disorders, abdominal pain, myalgia, hypothermia), hypoglycemia.
- Cardiovascular system and blood (blood, hemostasis): in some cases for prolonged use - megaloblastic anemia, vitamin deficiencies of vitamin B12 (the result of malabsorption of vitamin B12 and folic acid).
- Allergic reactions: skin rash, dermatitis.
This is not complete list of glucophage side effects. If any of these or other side effects occur during the treatment with generic glucophage make sure to consult your doctor.
How the medication can interact with other medicines?
Generic Glucophage should not be combined with the following medicines:
- Decongestants, such as phenylephrine or pseudoephedrine.
- Calcium channel blockers like amlodipine (Norvasc), diltiazem, nifedipine, verapamil.
- H2 histamine receptor blocker - Cimetidine (used to reduce hyperacidity)
- "Water pills" (diuretics)
- Tuberculosis drug (isoniazid)
- Oral birth control pills
- Niacin (nicotinic acid preparations)
- Phenothiazine medications like Chlorpromazine, Promethazine, and Fluphenazine.
- Thyroid preparations like levothyroxine, liothyronine
How the medication should be stored?
Store the medication at dry and protected from light place out of reach of children. Do not store the medicine in the bathroom.
Can I buy generic Glucophage online without prescription?
We require a valid prescription for patients from certain countries. If you do not have a prescription please consult our customer supports.
Where can I buy generic Glucophage online?
You can buy generic Glucophage at our online pharmacy. We provide generic version of the medication at low and competitive price.
How can purchase Metformin online?
You can purchase Metformin using your Visa/Visa electron credit card. We provide secured processing of your credit cards.