Caverta. Caverta by Ranbaxy. Purchase Caverta online
What is Caverta?
Caverta is erectile dysfunction remedy made by well known Indian pharmaceutical company Ranbaxy. Caverta contains the active ingredient Sildenafil citrate that is the main component in Sildenafil citrate- the top selling ED remedy. As Caverta contains the same active ingredient as brand Sildenafil citrate, its action, therapeutic effect, indications, contraindications, side effects are similar. The different between brand Sildenafil citrate made by Pfizer and generic Sildenafil citrate under the name Caverta is in form and shape of the tablets, pack and sometimes excipients. Pharmakokinetic characteristics may differ as well. Sildenafil citrate tablets are made by different manufacturers like Vipro lifescience (sildigra, viprogra), Ranbaxy (Caverta), Cipla (Silagra), Aurochem, Sunrise remedies, Torrent and others.
How does Caverta work?
Caverta contains Sildenafil citrate that belongs to erectile dysfunction remedy enhancing blood flow to the penis. Caverta restores impaired erectile function and provides a natural response to sexual stimulation. The physiological mechanism of erection is related to the release of nitric oxide (N0) in the cavernous body during sexual excitement. Nitric oxide activates the enzyme guanylate cyclase resulting in increased levels of cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP). This leads to relaxation of smooth muscles of the cavernous body and increase blood flow to the penis. Sildenafil is a powerful and selective inhibitor of cGMP-specific phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE-5), which is responsible for the breaking down of cGMP in the penis smooth muscles.
When Caverta is prescribed?
The medication is indicated for the treatment of erectile dysfunction in men over 18 years of age. Erectile dysfunction is defined as inability to achieve and maintain erection satisfactory for the sexual intercourse.
How Caverta is taken?
Caverta comes in the form of tablets that are taken by mouth. The recommended dose is 50mg or 100mg depending on therapeutic effect. In elderly patients with impaired renal or hepatic failure the dose should not exceed 25mg of Caverta. The medication should be taken 30-60 minutes before sexual intercourse. Remember, that Sildenafil citrate does not work without sexual stimulation.
When Caverta should not be used?
- Sildenafil citrate is contraindicated for use in the following conditions:
- Reactions of hypersensitivity or individual intolerance of any components in the medication
- Patients under 18 years of age
- Women. As the medication is not used in women, it must not be taken in pregnant and breastfeeding women. There were not conducted any studies confirming effectiveness and safety of sildenafil citrate for this category of patients.
- Diseases of the liver (liver cirrhosis, hepatic failure)
- Diseases of the kidney (renal failure)
- Concomitant cardiovascular diseases (congestive heart failure, angina, coronary heart disease, hypertension, hypotension)
- History of heart attacks and strokes for the past 6 months
- Diseases of the blood such as multiply myeloma, sickle cell anemia, leukemia
- Retinitis pigmentosa
- Anatomical deformation of the penis such as angulation, Peyronie's disease, or cavernosal fibrosis
- Concomitant applications with nitrates, alpha blockers and other medications
Which Caverta side effects are possible during the treatment?
Caverta use may be associated with the following side effects:
- Hot flashings
- Stomach disturbances
- Nasal congestion
- Infections of the urinary tract
- Problems with vision
- Skin rash
Other Caverta side effects include: infections of upper or lower airways, joint and back pain, symptoms of common cold. Clinical trials didn't show a direct relationship between heart problems and sildenafil use.
In patients who take the medication in very rare cases it was observed a condition which is called nonarteritic anterior ischemic optic neuropathy (NAION). This condition manifests in sudden loss of vision. This condition is probably may occur in the patients with the following risk factors:
- Age over 60 years
- Other cardiovascular diseases
- Alcohol abuse
How Caverta can interact with other medicines?
- Cimetidine which h2 histamine receptor blockers that is indicated for stomach and duodenal ulcer. Cimetidine may significantly increase the blood levels of Sildenafil citrate tablets leading to increased risk of Caverta side effects.
- Protease inhibitors like Ritonavir or Indinavir. This type of medication can significantly increase the blood levels of sildenafil in the organism.
- Norvasc (amodipine) when used with Caverta can cause extremely low blood pressure
- Alpha blockers when used with generic Sildenafil citrate can cause significant drop in blood pressure
- Erythromycin - a macrolide antibiotic which may change the way how your organism metabolizes Sildenafil citrate
- Antimycotics may change the way how your organism metabolizes Sildenafil citrate.
- Nitrates - Sildenafil citrate should never be taken with nitrate or nitrogen oxide donors. Patients may experience extremely low blood pressure.
- When generic Sildenafil citrate is taken with alcohol - certain health problems may occur. These are: dizziness, tachycardia, low blood pressure
How Caverta should be stored?
The medication should be stored at dry and protected from light place out of reach of children
Where can I purchase Caverta online?
You can purchase Caverta online at our reliable online pharmacy. We offer the lowest price and high quality of our medicine.
How can buy Caverta online?
You can purchase Caverta online using your Visa/Visa Electron card and E-check (for US customers)
Caverta vs Penegra?
Actually there is no significant different between Caverta and Penegra. Both two medications contain the same active ingredient Sildenafil citrate. The form and shape of tablets is similar as well. Caverta is made by Ranbaxy but Penegra is manufactured by Zydus.
What is manufacturer of the medication?
Caverta is made by the Indian pharmaceutical company Ranbaxy.